About Fred’s Tiny Houses
Our mission statement
“To build and assist others in the building of Tiny Houses that by their roadworthiness, size, and design for the Australian climate will naturally inspire and liberate people out of conventional mortgage servitude and into an expansion of free time, the arts, and a deepening connection to the earth.”
Meet the Team
Fred Schultz has designed, built and lived in an off-grid, fossil-fuel-free tiny house with his wife Shannon and their daughter. Inspired to share it all, Fred founded Fred’s Tiny Houses where he teachers DIYers how to build safe, well designed tiny houses on wheels; manufactures tiny house trailers; builds tiny houses for other people and advocates for the legalisation of tiny house living across all levels of government in Australia. He is an innovator, thought leader and expert on all tiny house issues in Australia.
Shannon is the co-founder of Fred’s Tiny Houses but mostly mothers at the moment. She writes a blog for Fred’s Tiny Houses and supports clients to refine their tiny house plans so that they are perfectly personalised to each client.
Ben Harding is Fred’s tiny helper, taking care of day-to-day communications. He has worked for ABC Radio and also extensively in video production. He loves getting out in nature, travel, jogging and cooking. He has two kids, two cats, three guinea pigs and a Border Collie pup. He once drove Jon Voight and Mary Steenburgen to a location on a film shoot but was too shy to say anything.
You’re welcome to join our community however you would like:
- You can try staying at our Fred’s Off-Grid Tiny House on Airbnb in Castlemaine, Victoria.
- You can attend a Tiny House Workshop series near you.
- You can have a trailer made featuring all Fred’s Tiny Houses exclusive attachment technology.
- We can draft your tiny house plans so that it meets your person needs, is safe to transport, is comfortable in summer and winter and is practical to live in and build.
- You can buy a customised tiny house shell and DIY the internal features exactly as you like them.
- You can order your dream tiny house from us, built to completion and delivered to your door.
What to do next?
Call us on 03 5472 2130 to discuss your tiny house needs. And sign up to get regular updates on our workshops, courses and special offers here.