WHERE TO PUT A TINY HOUSE
The most often asked question by prospective tiny house builders/owners, is “Where can I put a tiny house?” And because the answers are a bit complicated, we take a detailed look at various local laws that can affect tiny house living.
In this 3 hour workshop offered by Fred Schultz (Fred’s Tiny Houses) participants will:
- Gain some historical understanding of the tiny house movement and key relevant information regarding where to put a tiny house in Victoria, New South Wales & South Australia.
- Introduction to relevant local laws & planning regulations.
- Real life case studies of where tiny house people are living.
- Regulations concerning Tiny House on Wheels (THOW’s).
- Regulations regarding a tiny house on a foundation.
- Who is regulating THOW’s and tiny houses on foundations.
- The case for and against regulation.
Fred will be bringing you all they know about tiny house legalities in this 3 hour workshop!
What others have said about this workshop:
“Great presentation – interesting and very informative with an extensive discussion about legal aspects / councils.”
“The most valuable part for me was seeing examples of others living in tiny houses.”
“Examples of what was working and why.”
Date & Time:
Sunday, 13th August 2017 – 9AM-12PM (Castlemaine, VIC)
Sunday, 29th October 2017 – 9AM-12PM (Adelaide, SA)
Castlemaine Uniting Church Hall; 8-12 Lyttleton Street, Castlemaine, VIC 3450
The Joinery; 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000
Cost: 1 Person $65 (Castlemaine)/ $75 (Adelaide); Couple $120 (Castlemaine)/ $140 (Adelaide)
Tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets are transferable to another person, if you cannot attend.
Transport: Come by car or train to Castlemaine. Note: It is a 5 minute walk to the event site from the Castlemaine Railway Station, so think about coming by train.