- This event has passed.
How To Build a Tiny House – Workshop in Castlemaine
December 3, 2022 @ 9:00 am - December 4, 2022 @ 4:00 pm AEDT$435.00 – $700.00
Weekend Workshop in Castlemaine, Victoria.
Learn everything you need to know about planning for, designing and building a tiny house on wheels in Australia.
Learn how to make your tiny house compliant to Australian regulations, off-grid, vibration resilient, strong and appropriate for an Australian climate. Save yourself months of research, nail-biting stress and possibly thousands of dollars in mistakes.
For anyone planing on building or buying a tiny house on wheels, this education is a must.
The workshop is for:
- DIY builders.
- Professional tradespeople moving into building tiny houses on wheels.
- Anyone thinking of buying a ready-made tiny house and needing to learn about how to make a good purchase.
The package includes:
- A full and rich weekend of classroom education with Fred Schultz and your classmates.
- Free access to How To Build a Tiny House – The Australian Online Course which covers the same material that you will learn in the workshops and acts as an ongoing reference for your tiny house journey. Access to the online course never runs out, you can re-take the units as many times as you like.
- Printed notes are optional. Please consider the environment when requesting printed notes. If you think that you will use the online course as an on-going reference, you may not need the print-outs. If you do need them, you can let us know a week before. We will send out an email to attendees a week prior to the workshops to order printed notes.
- Four main topics, click on each to see more:
Taking It Off Grid for Tiny House Builders 1pm to 4pm
We stand by our workshops with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
Please bring your own:
- Lunch and Snacks (you can buy lunch nearby if needed).
- Drink bottle.
“May I fully recommend Fred’s Tiny House on wheels course. My daughter became interested. She asked me to give an insight to the course and the whole movement. Council open night discussions and tiny house expos were a mixed bag of uncertainty. I had a vast building employment and was nearly 65 years of age. I’d worked with truly amazing tradesmen on big projects and became amazed at what can be done. Fred’s Tiny Houses were in a Melbourne suburb nearby. Being arrogant but open minded I listened really carefully to the two day course. I ordered a trailer, and started.
I had no fear of the project but everyday I was reminded in my mind from the course, do this, consider this, remember this, and I was happy I’d gone with Fred’s Tiny Houses. Sometimes I forged my own methods from experience. Sometimes I recalled what the course set out and I knew; I shouldn’t be so arrogant. I had to remember I was building a tiny house on wheels.
Fred was spot on in every aspect of the course and extra advice thereafter. I put him up there with the great tradesmen I worked with over the years and the advice he and they offered. No regrets at all with the tiny house and it’s complete.
One regret really! I wish I had listened more carefully to every point. They are all important. I’d recommend the course which extended my learning.”
Success stories from past participants:
Join the many happy tiny house dwellers who all started their journey at this essential workshop.
All of the people interviewed in Candid Tiny House have taken the workshop and/or online course, bought a trailer, designed and built their own successful tiny house on wheels.
Q: Can I access the Online Course before the weekend workshop?
A: Yes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your Online Course access after you have purchased your workshop ticket.
Q: Is there a two-person discount?
A: Yes, when selecting a ticket please select ‘Two Tickets to Castlemaine Workshop’. The Two-ticket package will cost $700 which gives you:
- Two tickets to the weekend workshop, and
- Access to the online course for both participants.
Q: What if I can’t attend the workshop due to sickness?
A: We can transfer your ticket to another scheduled workshop. Please give us as much notice as possible for this schedule change. If you still cannot attend a re-scheduled workshop, we will refund you $144 and you can keep the access to the online course ($288).