Tickets now available for BRUNSWICK (Melbourne)
HOW TO BUILD A TINY HOUSE for DIY Tiny House Builders
You’re eager to build a tiny house on wheels, but you don’t have a background in construction and you just need the nitty-gritty of how everything fits together.
Get informed, clear, honest information from someone who knows and has done it all.
In this 3 hour workshop you will learn essential building information specific to mobile tiny house construction and Fred’s proven construction methods:
- Learn the risks with tiny house builds, including material selection, weight, transport & insurance.
- Understand what you need to get right when planning and building your tiny house.
- Learn building terminology that will help you talk with confidence at your local timber yard.
- Understand building methods suitable for tiny houses – making it strong & light weight.
- Learn pros & cons of wood v.s. steel construction v.s. SIP’s in a tiny house context.
- Learn how to make your tiny house safe & sound to travel
- Learn how to adapt standard construction techniques in cyclonic conditions for a mobile, vibration prone structure.
- How to design a tiny house to keep cool in our Australian summer.
- Learn pros & cons of common tiny house design features such as: wheel guard v.s. over the wheel “flat top” design considerations; roof style options & pitch for on & off-grid; ladders v.s. stairs v.s. all on 1 level living; optimal bathrooms & kitchens layouts; bed placement; skylights; french doors; and practical tips for living with kids in a tiny house from a father who knows.
- Learn Fred’s innovative Unified Tiny House Construction Method that produces the strongest & lightest weight attachment between tiny house and trailer possible anywhere.
- Learn everything you need to know about how to make your tiny house roadworthy, lightweight, well insulated, off-grid and totally DIY-able by you!
This workshop is for DIY-ers
This workshop is for the DIY-er or anyone wishing to become an informed consumer of tiny houses. This workshop is not intended as a professional development workshop for tradespeople wishing to branch out into tiny house building. Please call Fred if this is your interest. (Fred’s mobile: 0408330420)
What others have said about this workshop:
“Absolutely instructive to the max! Forget all you thought you knew about building. Fred’s no-nonsense clear explanations of the reasons behind every build decision will give you clarity and know how to achieve both TH weight reductions AND the elusive desired space! 5 out of 5 Fred!”
“What was most helpful was the discussion of building for strength and elaboration of effective techniques with physical materials as aids. Also discussing building directly with Fred.”
“Fred’s model for teaching and his construction methods were ingenious. Totally worth the time and money. Feel excited about building. I get it now.”
“Most helpful info for me was how to attach the tiny house to the trailer and having diagrams about walls, studs, etc.”
“All the tips that you wouldn’t know until you built one.”
“Building terminology & ‘know how’ was new to me and appreciated.”
“The most valuable part of this workshop for me was learning about radiant barriers, insulation and SketchUp.”
“Great gathering and interesting information provided and shared.”
“Best bits were learning in more depth about the reality behind building a tiny house on wheels.”
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We stand by all our workshops and are confident that you will leave satisfied. That’s a 100% money back guarantee.
Select your city from the drop down menu below.