HOW TO BUILD A TINY HOUSE
This workshop is where we get into the nitty-gritty of construction methods for tiny house building.
Whether you are planning on buying a tiny house, or building it yourself this workshop will teach you the essential principles that keep your tiny house safely on the road and cool in the Australian summer heat.
In this 3 hour workshop you will learn essential building information specific to mobile tiny house construction:
- The 4 main risks with tiny house builds.
- The 3 things to get right when planning and building your tiny house.
- Building terminology that will help you talk “building” at your local timber yard.
- Building methods suitable for tiny houses – making it strong & light weight.
- Essential and expendable aspects for tiny house builds.
- The 4 things to do to make your tiny house strong for safe travel.
- How to design a tiny house to keep cool in our Australian summer.
- Good design means great planning – an introduction to what learning SketchUp can do for your tiny house project.
This is a workshop designed for DIY-ers, not for tradespeople wishing to branch out into a tiny house business. Call Fred if this is your interest.
What others have said about this workshop:
“All the tips that you wouldn’t know until you built one.”
“Building terminology & ‘know how’ was new to me and appreciated.”
“The most valuable part of this workshop for me was learning about radiant barriers, insulation and SketchUp.”
“Great gathering and interesting information provided and shared.”
“Best bits were learning in more depth about the reality behind building a tiny house on wheels.”
Date & Time:
Sunday, 12th August 2017 – 1PM-4PM (Castlemaine, VIC)
Sunday, 29th October 2017 – 1PM-4PM (Adelaide, SA)
Castlemaine Uniting Church Hall; 8-12 Lyttleton Street, Castlemaine, VIC 3450
The Joinery; 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000
Who: This workshop is suitable for the DIY-er or anyone wishing to learn how to build their own personal tiny house. This workshop is not intended as a professional development workshop for tradespeople wishing to branch out into tiny house building. Please call Fred if this is your interest.
Cost: 1 Person $65 (Castlemaine)/ $75 (Adelaide); Couple $120 (Castlemaine)/ $140 (Adelaide)
Tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets are transferable to another person, if you cannot attend.
Transport: Come by car or train to Castlemaine. Note: It is a 5 minute walk to the event site from the Castlemaine Railway Station, so think about coming by train.