Fred & Shannon’s Tiny House
Buy the construction plans for an adapted version of Fred’s Personal Tiny House:
Same floor plan, only longer (7.2 meters):
Fred’s original tiny house (featured in the film above) is only 5.4 meters long, which is pretty small, even for tiny house standards. Since then, we have updated the plans to 7.2 meters long so that you get more floor space, a larger bathroom and two double-sized lofts, while still retaining the great floor plan and original charm of the design.
While Fred made his personal tiny house to use no fossil fuels, relying on a custom made solar/wood-fired hot water heater system and an alcohol stove, this longer version of the plan allows for conventional gas and electrical services to be fitted for your convenience.
Features of this tiny house:
- Two large lofts with ladders.
- Comfortable kitchen configuration.
- Wood heater.
- Solar arrays on roof and removable array on passenger wall.
- Excellent cross-ventilation throughout the tiny house.
- Three fold-down awnings for year-round shade and weather protection.
- Large bathroom with room for washing machine, shower, toilet and corner basin.
- French doors on the passenger side, single door on the driver’s side.
- Fold-down table for flexible use of lounge room space.
- Below-counter bar fridge.
- Cute pitched roof to mimic the dimensions of Australian miner’s cottages.
- Two large underfloor storage boxes, perfect for battery storage and/or other items.
- Able to accept off-grid appliances and components.
- All windows are opening allowing for ultimate air flow.
- Completely insulated against extreme heat and very cold temperatures using the Unified Construction Method®.
How much does the plan cost?
This tiny house plan costs $1500 (incl GST) and can only be purchased with it’s matching trailer (7.2 meter, Flat Top, 4500kg rated).
What does the Construction Plan include?
A PDF document that includes:
- Detailed framing plan with high level of construction detail.
- Unified Construction Method® details.
- Awning detail.
- Roof, wall, lofts and window detail.
- Insulation detail.
- Specified building materials including internal cladding.
- Kitchen cabinetry specifications and built-in couch specifications.
- Window measurements.
The plans do not include:
- 3D software files.
- Window schedule, cutting list or materials list.
- Plumbing plan or electrical plan.
Are these Tiny House Construction Plans able to be customised?
Some small customisations (like changing the size of a window, for example) may be able to be made by you or your builder without engaging any drafting services.
Large customisations (like changing the size of the tiny house length, for example) require a re-draw by a professional, which can be quoted on a job-by-job basis.
After purchase of these construction plans, you can ask for a quote on customisations through Ordinary House:
- Samuel Jones on email@example.com or 0412 684 049
- Lucia Alonso on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0490 511 810
**Note*** changes to what Fred shows in his house:
We have made some changes to the plans since Fred built his tiny house. These include and are not limited to:
- Length changed from 5.4 meters to 7.2 meters (excluding the draw bar which is an additional 1.5 meters).
- Larger bathroom with space for a shower, washing machine, toilet and corner basin.
- Addition of double doors on the passenger side.
- Fixed ladder going up to main loft.
- Fridge style and location changed from pull-out draw style to bar fridge under the counter next to the stove.
- Extra space to travel up ladder to the main loft.
- Extended second loft. Both lofts now fit standard double mattresses.
- Window positions slightly changed. One long narrow window removed from driver’s side.
- No solar/solid fuel hot water system specified. There is a solid fuel heater and this tiny house can receive an instant gas hot water system (not shown on plans).
How do I purchase this Tiny House Construction Plan?
- Fill out the quote request form, selecting Trailer&Plans Package: Pop-Up Roof Design.
- We will send you a quote for the trailer and the construction plans.
- Follow the instructions on accepting the quote.
- We will send you an invoice for the plans and the first 50% of the trailer price, as well as a sales agreement and other paperwork.
- Upon receiving the first payment and paperwork returned, we will send you the construction plans so that you can start ordering windows and doors and other materials and/or talking to your builder about them. We will also send you free access to How To Build A Tiny House on Wheels – The Australian Online Course.
- When your trailer is completed (approximately 8 weeks later) you will receive an invoice for the remaining cost of the trailer and you can arrange pickup or delivery to you or to your builder’s location.