Design Services for Tiny House Plans
Call us about our portfolio of existing completed tiny house designs.
We are not taking on new custom tiny house design service clients for the time being. But we are happy to hear from you about the elements of design that are important to you and to send you previews of tiny house drawings that we have on file that may resonate with your priorities.
Call us on (03) 5472 2130 9am-3pm weekdays.
Tiny House Plans that save you money:
These common mistakes cost tiny house builders time, money and sometimes the viability of their tiny house vehicle altogether:
- Building a tiny house vehicle like it is a conventional house on foundations: Houses on foundations do not have to withstand vibrations or wind forces like vehicles do. So it would be an incredibly expensive mistake to build a tiny house vehicle as though it was a conventional house on foundations. You need to build that strength into every joint and every aspect of the tiny house vehicle to make sure it doesn’t crack, break or fall apart during transport at any stage over its long life. This comes at the planning stage. So get your tiny house plans from expert design services.
- Failing to make a register-able vehicle: Failing to design a tiny house vehicle that is able to be registered makes it impossible to get insurance for the tiny house. In some cases it also means the tiny house falls under building and planning permits that register-able vehicles avoid.
- Building something that is over-weight: Building a tiny house vehicle over the weight limit of the trailer is both illegal and extremely dangerous. Not only will you be unable to move it with a truck, professional towing services may refuse to serve you, leaving your tiny house stranded wherever you built it, thereby loosing the great versitility of a tiny house on wheels.
- Making a hot house that is uninhabitable in summer: You know how hot it can get in a small space with lots of windows in the summertime. Just think of waiting in your car with the air conditioning off and the windows shut. You desperately need that ventilation in order to make it liveable in the summer. Same goes for insulating for hot weather. Don’t make a tiny house that you can’t stand to be in for four months of the year.
Make sure your tiny house plan does all the important things:
- Reflects your personality and values
- Meets regulatory compliance
- Is safe to tow
- Is comfortable to live in year round for your climate, and of course:
- Beautiful and clever design.
Award Winning Tiny House Design Services and plans for You.
We won first prize in an international sustainability award for business measured against the 2015 UN Development Goals, in the category of Sustainable Cities and Communities. This prize recognizes our innovations and contribution to making safe, affordable and carbon-emission-free housing fit for Australian climates.
How do I buy custom made Tiny House Plans?