WHERE TO PUT A TINY HOUSE
The most often asked question by prospective tiny house builders/owners, is “Where can I put a tiny house?” And because the answers are a bit complicated, we take a detailed look at various local laws that can affect tiny house living.
In this 3 hour workshop offered by Fred Schultz (Fred’s Tiny Houses) participants will:
- Gain some historical understanding of the tiny house movement and key relevant information regarding where to put a tiny house in Victoria & New South Wales.
- Introduction to relevant local laws & planning regulations.
- Real life case studies of where tiny house people are living.
- Regulations concerning Tiny House on Wheels (THOW’s).
- Regulations regarding a tiny house on a foundation.
- Who is regulating THOW’s and tiny houses on foundations.
- The case for and against regulation.
Fred will be bringing you all they know about tiny house legalities in this 3 hour workshop!
What others have said about this workshop:
“Great presentation – interesting and very informative with an extensive discussion about legal aspects / councils.”
“The most valuable part for me was seeing examples of others living in tiny houses.”
“Examples of what was working and why.”
“Kate’s knowledge about dealing with different councils and various approaches was great.”
Date & Time:
Sunday, 19th February
Cost: 1 Person $65; Couples $120; Children under 12 year are free.
Tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets are transferable to another person, if you cannot attend.
Transport: Come by car or train to Castlemaine. Note: It is a 10 minute bike ride or a 30 minute walk to the event site from the Castlemaine Railway Station, so think about coming on the train to this Info Session & Tour.